Research and Ethics
Apunipima is committed to building relationships with organisations and institutions to support Health Research that has direct benefits to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island peoples of Cape York.
Some of the strategic research priorities at Apunipima are:
• Community Control organisational strategic research governance
• Apunipima driven, long term, priority research agenda
• Build solid relationships with local, national and international research institutions
• Formal processes for community input and research advice
• Provide a structure for Apunipima staff to advise on relevant research questions
• Enhance staff and organisational research capacity
• Maintain a database of current research activities
• Ongoing support of internal Health Action Team involvement in research
Please see a range of research guides which correspond to Apunipima's approach.
Research in Cape York
Apunipima is committed to research conducted substantially for and by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people