Coronavirus Community Update
For CURRENT information on COVID-19 please visit our Facebook page.
(This information is true as of 13th July 2021, we are consistently learning more about this virus, further information can be found on our Facebook page.)
Novel coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) is a virus in the same ‘family’ as previous outbreaks such as SARS and MERS, but also the common cold.
Can cause symptoms like:
- Shortness of breath/difficulty
- Sore Throat
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- Some people have presented with Diarrhoea
- People can be well for up to 14 days, after being infected
How is it spread?
- Most cases are spread by people who have symptoms;
- Some people can be infected but not get symptoms;
- If people are infected with no symptoms, it’s not yet clear if they can spread the virus.
- Most spread is by aerosol, droplet and direct contact from people who are infected with symptoms and from around 24 hours before symptoms. The virus appears to also be spread through peoples stools
- Coughing and sneezing spreads the virus and the virus can probably be caught from surfaces that have been coughed or sneezed on
STOP THE SPREAD
If you think you are unwell with Coronavirus:
- Stay home from work, and isolate yourself
- Follow the instructions to stop the spread (above)
- Call your doctor let them know before coming into clinic
- You do not need to wear a face mask unless you are clinical staff seeing a patient who is thought to have COVID-19