Five members of the Apunipima team will present at tomorrow’s Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service’s Research and Quality Symposium 2016.
This year’s theme is Promoting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health and Wellbeing.
- Apunipima CEO Cleveland Fagan will discuss Apunipima’s journey since its inception in 1994;
- Dr Malcolm McDonald (with Kenny Lawson) will explore the ways data collection impacts on care in their talk ‘What gets measured with what matters’;
- Nurse Educator Hylda Wapau (pictured) will present findings from Apunipima’s recent cross-organisational forum which explored the challenges affecting people who come to Cairns for treatment from remote areas;
- Paediatrician and Public Health Physician Dr Alan Ruben will discuss Apunipima’s approach to research; and
- Apunipima’s honourary Nutrition Advisor, Senior Adjunct Lecturer Dympna Leonard will share her findings on early anaemia in Cape York’s remote communities
The Symposium is an inter-professional showcase of research and quality projects conducted by Cairns the Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service’s and partner organisations.
It will take place at Cairns Hospital Auditorium on August 3 from 7:45 am – 5:30 pm.