Aurukun Day is an annual event which takes place on August 4.
The day celebrates the people and community of Aurukun and is marked by a public holiday.
The event will take place in the town square and Apunipima will assist with activities on the day including:
- Provision of fruit and water
- Face painting
- Finger-painting and colouring in
- Sugar in drinks display
August 4 also marks National Aboriginal and Islander Children’s Day and Maternal and Child Health Worker Johanna Hunt will hold a stall and provide information on maternal and child health and Apunipima’s award winning Baby One Program, a home visiting program which runs from pregnancy until bub is nearly three.
She will also have Children’s Day show bags to give away on the day.
Latest from Super User
- APUNIPIMA & AUSTRALIAN INDIGENOUS BASKETBALL TEAM UP FOR THE THIRD TIME TO TAKE ON THE WORLD
- Partners Apunipima and Catholic Health Australia Recognise NAIDOC Week through Collaborations with Community
- Celebrating Aurukun’s Deadly Runners Trip to Uluru
- Not Your Average Student
- Community, Culture and Crocodiles