Get ready to ask R U OK? today and every day!
Hopevale will celebrate national R U OK? Day on 14 September with a community event in the park featuring a suicide prevention talk and community barbeque.
09:00am â€“ 12:30pm - R U OK? Day held in the park beside the Justice building in Hopevale.
Apunipimaâ€™s Social and Emotional Wellbeing Centre team, with support from My Pathway, are coordinating the event.
Social and Emotional Wellbeing Counsellor Dorothy Deshong, who will deliver the talk, said the main message of R U OK? Day was importance of checking in with people and encouraging them to take action.
Mossman Gorge is asking R U OK? message throughout the month of September!
Apunipima Social and Emotional Wellbeing Team Leader Donna Henning said she and the team wanted to spread the R U OK? message to community in a variety of ways.
â€˜We have an R U OK? banner between the Mossman Gorge Wellbeing Centre and Primary Health Care Centre and it will stay up for the month of September,â€™ she said.
â€˜Our Youth Worker Ben and Adult Worker Bacho will play touch footy with community with an R U OK? football and be there to have conversations social and emotional wellbeing.â€™
â€˜We also have R U OK? information cards to give out to community and even R U OK? serviettes to use in our regular womenâ€™s and menâ€™s activities.â€™
Latest from Super User
- Winning Design unveiled for the 2018 Apunipima Australian Indigenous Basketball Uniform Competition
- Australian Indigenous Basketball All Stars Eager To Continue Trans-Tasman Dominance
- APUNIPIMA & AUSTRALIAN INDIGENOUS BASKETBALL TEAM UP FOR THE THIRD TIME TO TAKE ON THE WORLD
- Partners Apunipima and Catholic Health Australia Recognise NAIDOC Week through Collaborations with Community
- Celebrating Aurukunâ€™s Deadly Runners Trip to Uluru