Women’s group sessions this week on the balcony at the Pormpuraaw Primary Health Clinic offered a great opportunity for women to come together to talk about women’s issues including breast cancer awareness with Fiona Millard
The ladies discussed and shared stories about the importance of self-checks and two yearly mammogram screening for women 40+. Fiona Millard shared that "As the Screening Bus is no longer visiting Pormpuraaw, we are encouraging women to pre-book an appointment at Breast Screen Queensland when they next visit Cairns. They can do this by calling 07 4226 8155.
Maternal Child Health Nurse Lisa Smith talked about the importance of regular women’s health checks and Clara Saleh shared further information on the importance of healthy choices and smoke free environments.
The women also enjoyed a healthy morning tea of fruit yoghurt muesli cups and sultana scones.
Thank you once again to all the friends who have donated their preloved clothing and bras, they are very wanted items. It was great to see women’s participation and support also from RISE, Aged Care and Pormpur Paanthu.
Latest from Super User
- Winning Design unveiled for the 2018 Apunipima Australian Indigenous Basketball Uniform Competition
- Australian Indigenous Basketball All Stars Eager To Continue Trans-Tasman Dominance
- APUNIPIMA & AUSTRALIAN INDIGENOUS BASKETBALL TEAM UP FOR THE THIRD TIME TO TAKE ON THE WORLD
- Partners Apunipima and Catholic Health Australia Recognise NAIDOC Week through Collaborations with Community
- Celebrating Aurukun’s Deadly Runners Trip to Uluru